Oh boy looks yummy!
I made this delicious noodle dish to warm up on very wintry day. It was created using ingredients that I had around the kitchen but believe variations could easily work. I added minced turkey for a heartier main course but it could easily be removed to create a vegetarian version of a great noodle dish.
In a dutch oven over medium-low heat, sauté :
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 leek, whites only, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Continue stirring until vegetables are tender, then add:
- 1 lb extra lean turkey, minced
- 3 thai peppers (or 1/4 ghost pepper), finely chopped (optional)
Increase heat to medium. Stir the turkey-vegetable mixture occasionally until the turkey is cooked through. Be sure to break the minced turkey into bite sized pieces but not too small that it will be unmanageable to eat with chop sticks. Reduce heat…
View original post 220 more words